Technique Tuesday -- Oddball Stamps
I am Posting a Technique Tuesday on Wednesday ..
Sorry for the delay - I woke up yesterday with a severe case of Vertigo.
And could not sit up for a second without feeling dizzy and lightheaded.
So without further ado - my technique ---
Sorry for the delay - I woke up yesterday with a severe case of Vertigo.
And could not sit up for a second without feeling dizzy and lightheaded.
So without further ado - my technique ---
You're Grounded -- Grounding your main image with a background
I am using Fairy Girl - Starlina for this technique/tutorial
Oddball Stamps Blog Challenge : Anything Goes optional twist
(15th of every month)
Oddball Stamps Fan Page
Let's begin ... please bear with me as this is kind of my first technique informational post...
Let's begin ... please bear with me as this is kind of my first technique informational post...
I study my image and ask myself - what kind of background do I want?
Where is my main character - on the ground, in the sky, in the sea ?
When I have my answer I then figure out where I want my horizon to go...
Then I add my horizon line..
... Stralina is going to be on a cloud in the sky....
I use watercolor for my backgrounds so, after I have my horizon penciled
in I color in the top background first...
I then decide where I want my clouds to go.
I add in the clouds by what I call "erasing out" the blue sky
with my water brush... making cloud shapes...
When I am happy with the amount of clouds, I finish off by
shading the foreground to add more depth and dimension...
For those who are intimated to make a background, I hope you will
at least give this a try. You will be amazed how your image will
pop off the page a little bit more.. There a plenty of other
tutorials out there with in depth dimension how to - but for the mean
time I will keep mine simple and gradually step up to the big leagues one day..
Please come back tomorrow and see her finished up and on a project for
a new Oddball Stamps Challenge..
TTFN



No comments:
Post a Comment