Pages

Monday, May 28, 2018

DJKardKreations Repost

I just thought I would repost this post from Darnell @
(I hope you don't mind) but I found some info rather insightful...
 
Darnell Writes ::
 
" According to the Google Forum threads, there are many of us in the same boat. Google has not responded to explain what has happened, why it's happened, and what we can do, if anything, to rectify the situation.
 
In the meantime, if this has happened to you, please note that you can also read comments from your readers under the "design" feature of your blog. You just click on "comments" on the left side. Still, I do hope Google/ Blogger/ Feed burner fixes this soon because it's so nice and easy to simply open my inbox and see you there with your lovely messages!
 
And that's all I know. If you know more and can help the rest of us better comply with GDPR and the comment issue, please let us know. Thank you!

ETA: My friend Alice noticed this in the comment box: Under your name there is a box and it says "Email follow-up comments to ... (your name)." So you publish a post and then immediately leave yourself a comment and check the box and then every comment you get after that will appear in your gmail inbox! Thank you so much Alice!

I assume we will have to do this every time we publish a post. Sigh. And I'm hearing that now all the commenters are "no reply," so you can't click on the name and respond to anybody. Sigh.

I also noticed that after you leave a comment, the top of the comment box changes where it says
"your comment has been saved. " You'll noticed that it now also has the word 'unsubscribe" which I don't believe was there before . " 
 
thanks Darnell  for this insightful post.
 



1 comment:

Darnell said...

You're welcome, AJ! This has impacted a ton of folks so spreading the word is great! You didn't really have to give me the shoutout, but that was very considerate of you! Hugs, Darnell